Tuesday 27 September 2016

THE HOUSE OR A HOME




THE HOUSE OR A HOME
----------------------------------------


Once on a very hot summer day
the Sun was shining up so bright
over neat n clean cosmopolitan city
I planned to visit a relative with pride.

Passing through the lush green street
reached in a well decorated posh colony 
the guard interrogated about mine identity 
while no one was seen there in outer balcony. 

Beautiful interior attracted much to me
after a long time when I met with my host 
they greeted me with a great pomp and show
by offering sweets, muffins, cold drink and toast.

But that affection did not last anymore 
within an hour changes in attitude in them
were seen, members went inside one by one
indulge discussing, if I stay tonight with them?

As solitude, decided not to remain anymore 
I returned back on thinking my own too extreme 
whether is that house made of bricks and beams
or is it a sweet home that made of hope & dreams?





©Dr. Satish Ch. Srivastava, 20160728
(Thursday, 28thJULY, 2016 at 02:40pm IST)
The author reserves all rights and privileges to this work. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Dear friend,
      Nice to note that this Creation of mine has appealed you.
      Thanks for reading and sharing your compliments.

      Delete
  2. I didn't surprise
    To see that prize
    You've been treated
    How relative has greeted,
    It's so common entity
    Seen in modern society.

    What you've carried
    Nothing to be worried,
    It's lesson of the life
    You should take it as pride,
    As you are the man of courage
    So you shouldn't be discouraged;
    Since you're on the path of establishing
    Your name in poetry, the worldwide.

    ReplyDelete